Imagine a hot summer day without an air conditioner? Unbearable. Having an air conditioning system is now a necessity and essential, especially in the hot summer months. When your A/C system becomes defective due to poor upkeep, you have to call A/C repair in Oxford, MS.
Common Pain Points of Air Conditioners
Regular maintenance of your air conditioning systems is essential to keep it running smoothly without any blunders. However, there are times that air conditioning systems become problematic, and you have to be more sensitive about these issues before they get out of hand.
Here are some of the common warning signs and problem areas of your air conditioner that you need to keep a watchful eye on:
- Clogged Air Filters. One of the common reasons A/C units fail to work correctly is dirt or clogged air filters. With that in mind, you have to check and follow the manufacturer’s settings or instructions on the frequency of changing air filters because there are air filters that need to be changed every three months or monthly. One way to check if it needs cleaning is to let the light run through it. If the light doesn’t pass through, then that is your cue to change air filters.
- Dirty Thermostat. Your A/C’s thermostat is responsible for controlling the temperature setting at home). When you turn it on, make sure that the insides are clean and that it’s set in the right setting. If it’s clean and isn’t affected by sunlight, you should probe further on the problem.
- Refrigerant Leaks. If you notice that the temperature in your room fluctuates or differs from one room to another, then there might be a problem with the coolant. If your refrigerant has been leaking, then that will affect the performance of your air conditioner and could also pose serious health threats to your home.
- Clogged Drainage. If your drain line becomes clogged with molds, dust, and dirt, then the drain pan will be flooded and cause the water to leak out, damaging your air conditioner. Breakers or Fuses
- When the motor of your air conditioner dies, then this could be caused by overheating. When this happens, you have to check on the fuses and breaks because this could be causing problems with your air conditioning system, or you can schedule A/C repair in Oxford, MS.
- Damaged Capacitors. Both the run capacitor and start capacitor are essential to make the A/C fans work. When your capacitors are damaged, the motors designed to power the fans and compressor won’t work. The air conditioner will not run efficiently when both are burned out.
- Failed Compressor.If your compressor doesn’t start, your A/C unit will not wholly cool your home or office space. If you lack refrigerant, the compressor will overheat and won’t cool your home, while when you have too much refrigerant, it will revert to the compressor, which can cause a fatal error.
Before your home gets extremely hot in summer, contact Riddle Air us now at 662-534-9611 at Riddle Heating & Air to schedule A/C repair in Oxford, MS, so we can help you deal with your pain points fast and fix your air conditioning problems.