How to Repair Home AC Unit?
As the weather in Blue Mountain, MS, gets warmer, many people’s thoughts turn to their home air conditioning unit. After all, who wants to be stuck in the heat? But, as with any mechanical device, Air Conditioning units sometimes need repair.
Here are a few tips on how to repair your home air conditioning system.
- Check the power supply first. If your AC unit is not working, the first thing you should check is the power supply. Make sure it is plugged in and that the circuit breaker has not been tripped.
- Check the air filter. A clogged air filter can cause your air conditioner to work less efficiently. Replacing a dirty air filter with a clean one can help improve the performance of your unit and reduce your energy bill.
- Inspect the coils. The evaporator and condenser coils in an AC can become dirty over time. If these coils are not cleaned regularly, they can cause the unit to work less efficiently. In some cases, dirty coils can even lead to a complete loss of cooling capacity.
- Clean the outdoor unit. The air conditioner’s outdoor system can become covered in dirt and debris., which can reduce airflow and cause the unit to work harder than it needs to. To clean the outdoor unit, simply turn off the power and use a garden hose to remove dirt and debris.
If you have checked all of these things and your air conditioner still is not working properly, it is time to call a professional for AC repair Blue Mountains. A qualified technician will be able to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs.
Is a leaky air conditioner cause for concern?
Yes, a leaky air conditioner can cause many problems. If the leaking is not fixed, it can cause water damage to your home, which can be very costly to repair. Additionally, a leaky AC can lead to higher energy bills as the unit has to work harder to cool your home. Therefore, it is crucial to have it fixed as soon as possible.
To do this:
- Open the unit and look for any cracks or holes in the coils.
- Seal them with a commercial-grade sealant designed for air conditioners if you find any.
- Once you have sealed all the leaks, replace any damaged coils and check the refrigerant levels. If the unit is low on refrigerant, add more until it reaches the proper level.
The leak might be due to a problem with the evaporator coil, the condenser coil, or the refrigerant line. Once you suspect your air conditioner is leaking, it is important to turn it off immediately and call a professional. While you can try to repair the unit yourself, it is still best to call someone with experience as the process can be very dangerous.
At Riddle Heating & Air, our qualified HVAC technicians have the knowledge and experience to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs properly. Additionally, we will have the proper tools and equipment to repair your AC unit safely. You can drop us a call at 662-534-9611 for AC repair near me Blue Mountain, MS.
About Riddle Heating & Air
Riddle Heating & Air is a family-owned HVAC/R company based in New Albany, MS. We started as a small business with only a few people. We have strengthened our partnership with our clients through the years, allowing us to grow and get bigger.